About Robbie Hinchey — M.Ed., M.R.P., C.H., E.F.T.
Robbie began his career as an inner city street counselor while in college. Since then, he has worked as a school counselor and has taught and counseled at all levels, from elementary school through university. He has also worked as a counselor in substance abuse and employee assistance — and with individuals who are deaf.
Writing a presentation about the work of J.H. Vandenberg introduced Robbie to the idea that changing self-concepts can change one’s life experience and direction. Integral to this approach is that one’s perception creates one’s reality in the same way that language does. Robbie’s later Reiki training led him to the study of hypnotherapy and Emotional Freedom Techniques as further means of helping clients achieve their goals.
“Reducing stress, tension and anxiety enables people to be more present right here, right now, and to make the changes that will help them live more freely.”
Robbie has helped people of all ages effectively handle the daily stresses of life as well as difficulties such as family tensions, anxiety, addiction, problems at work, legal issues, and fears about serious medical issues.
Education and Professional Training
- Stress Reduction Specialist
- Advanced Certification in Emotional Freedom Techniques (Tapping)
- Certified Hypnotherapist, National Guild of Hypnotists
- Usui Reiki Master
- Montessori Pre-primary Teacher
- Courses in Chemical Dependency
- Courses in Sign Communication
- Master of Arts in School Counseling, Springfield College
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, American International College