About Marc Felix — Ph.D., A.T.R.
With over 30 years of experience as a psychotherapist, Marc has been integrating the practice of psychology with art and shamanism (his three loves). After graduate school, he had the honor of a 20-year apprenticeship with an Apache Medicine Chief during which time he was initiated into that spiritual lineage. For a long time he kept his shamanic work separate from his psychotherapy practice because it wasn’t “scientific.” But as he gradually starting bringing shamanic practices into his office he was thrilled by how powerfully effective they were in accelerating the process of therapy.
He has been making art since childhood, so it was only natural to become registered as an Art Therapist along the way. Not only is art therapy helpful for people who find it hard to express their feelings verbally, but the images that come from our imagination are a rich doorway to the mysteries of the soul.
Marc has a Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology and is also a Registered Art Therapist.
Marc’s past experience includes:
- Adjunct Faculty in the Expressive Therapies at Lesley Graduate School
- Lecturer at Harvard University
- Clinical Director of The American Pain Foundation
- Director of the Employee Assistance Program at Lowell General Hospital
- Grantsman for the Massachusetts Department of Mental Health