Front Desk Position
As part of Camden Whole Health, a busy healing arts community located in Camden, Maine, you will work as a high-performing Receptionist to deliver the first “hello” to our clients, visitors and team, while serving as a jack-of-all-trades around the office. You will feel at home in this people-focused and community-oriented environment and be honest, approachable, reliable and motivated with a service-oriented attitude. You will be trust-worthy and empathetic in the highly interpersonal aspect of this position. You will balance multiple priorities in a variety of ever-changing situations. We will rely on you to be the first touch point with the clients, so accountability is key.
In this role the Receptionist will:
- Put the patient and visitor first and provide the first impression of Camden Whole Health – from the phones to in-person, you’re the lead on bringing our energy and passion for healing and wellness to clients and visitors.
- Administer all responsibilities associated with the front desk to ensure it runs smoothly – that’s everything from scheduling appointments for our medical team, answering questions about our services and pharmacy, typing and letter-writing to faxing and management of electronic health records.
- Open and close the office, prepare the front desk, waiting area, and common areas for the day.
- Keep the medical team apprised of their schedules and patient arrivals.
- Guide each patient through their visit – from when they schedule to greeting them upon arrival and walking them through the check-out process, helping them understand next steps.
- You will quickly answer or properly refer patient questions and issues.
- Assist in patient inquiries about the Pharmacy and the Lab.
- Comfort patients by anticipating anxieties and effectively answering their questions.
CWH expectations of the Receptionist:
- Personality and demeanor to manage the public and be empathetic towards each patient’s needs and personal situation.
- Ability to handle confidential information sensitively and demonstrate the highest level of client service and response.
- Organized and effective at managing competing demands and priorities while maintaining a calm and positive attitude.
- Be adaptable and accepting of the unknown with amazing follow-through to completion.
- Have a “get it done” mentality.
- Deep interest in a variety of healing modalities such as herbalism, homeopathy, nutrition, acupuncture, naturopathy, chiropractic, and bodywork.
Experience and Requirements:
- Experience in a medical or physician’s office preferred
- Basic office and computer skills; comfortable working with online platforms
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk, answering the phone and working on a computer
- This position can be full-time (Monday-Friday, 9AM to 5PM) or can be shared by two people in a part-time and flexible scheduling capacity
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!